- October 5th - World Communion Sunday
- October 8th - Church council
- October 17th - Sherman welcomes the Fisk University Choir in concert in celebration of our 92nd anniversary
- October 19th - Rev. B Herbert Martin is our guest preacher in honor of our anniversary.
Then we have the broader church and civic calendar:
- Hispanic heritage month began Sept 15 and continues through Oct 15
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Oct 5 - The Church takes up a special offering on World Communion Sunday. This year benefits national and international graduate students, enabling them to follow God equipped by higher education. click here to learn more.
- October 6th-12th - Mental Health Awareness Week: Oct 7th - National Day of Prayer for Mental Illness Recovery and Understanding
- October 12th - Children's Sabbath (click here)
- Oct 19th - Laity Sunday
If that seems like a lot to take in, it should because, honestly, it is. But all the things we want to mark and observe tend to need a special place on the agenda, or we tend to forget them and how important they all are. Most are more significant to some than to others, but each is special and our personal observance holy.
Posts will be coming soon on what each of a few of these means and how we can observe them individually and collectively.